The K-12 High Speed Network will be hosting topic specific E-rate webinars, along with full day E-rate workshops. All currently scheduled training events are listed below, along with the registration link.
E-rate Primer (approximately 75 minutes) Refresher of E-rate basics for the beginner or high level school administrator.
Click here to enjoy a video recording of the E-rate Primer webinar.
Training materials are available for download: E-Rate Primer PowerPoint slides
Starting the E-rate process (approximately 120 minutes) – Establishing the discount percent, Eligible Services, Competitive Procurement and the Form 470
Video and PowerPoint coming soon!
Filing the Form 471 (approximately 120 minutes)
Dates to be announced, based on FCC announcement of E-rate filing window dates
Face to Face E-rate Workshops
Stay up-to-date with the latest in E-rate news and activities. The new administration at the FCC has indicated need for additional changes in the E-rate program, with the goal of making it more effective. Staying up-to-date with these changes can mean the difference between enjoying the benefit of the program or not.
Join us as we discuss how to effectively make use of the program under the current rules and regulations.
Continental breakfast will be served.
- E-rate basics and prerequisites – an overview of the program
- CIPA Compliance, a prerequisite
- E-rate Productivity Center
- Eligible entities – making the validation process simple
- Non-Instructional Facility
- Discount percent - most effective method and alternative methods
- Eligible services and determining your needs
- Category 1
- Category 2 and related budget
- Competitive procurement - how to blend CA requirements with E-rate requirements
- Vendor selection and documentation
- How to establish a contract in EPC
- Request for funds – Form 471
- Receiving discounts
- Reconciling discounts
- Program compliance
- CALNET 3 – Updates
Webinar Registration Link
November 7, 2017
Madera County Office of Education
December 5, 2017
Los Angeles County Office of Education
December 8, 2017
San Bernardino County Office of Education
January 17, 2018
Sacramento County Office of Education
February 6, 2018
Santa Clara County Office of Education
Who Should Attend?
All who have responsibilities related to E-rate. E-rate applicants from school districts (including private/charter schools) and libraries. This training will cover E-rate from the ground floor up. Due to the amount of changes to the program we encourage all levels to attend this training.
Training accounts for EPC will be provided. This will allow you to explore EPC without compromising your live site.
BIIG - Application steps once you have received your new circuit (offered via webinar training)
Each presentation will be approximately 1 hour and will cover the following:
- Bidding process that established the BIIG circuit award
- How to apply for discounts on your new circuit
- Taking ownership of the circuit and ongoing monthly recurring costs